6 Large cloves of garlic
4 Sticks of lemongrass (75g lemongrass paste)
10 Leafs of kaffir lime (2 medium limes)
100 g Fresh ginger (25g ground ginger)
1 Medium white onion
1 Green chilli
250g Washed spinach
1 Bunch Coriander
200ml rapeseed oil (vegetable oil)
400/600g Skinned & boned white fish (cod)
800ml Coconut Milk
200g Baby sweetcorn
200g Sugar Snap peas (mangetout)
150g Vine cherry tomatoes
350/500g Long grain rice
1 Bunch fresh Basil
15g Fennel seeds
Ingredients in ( ) are alternatives if other items not available
- Into a food Processor, add peeled garlic cloves, finely chopped lemongrass, lime leaves, fresh ginger, peeled & diced onion, whole green chilli & 50ml of rapeseed oil. Blend on high speed for 3-4 minutes or until the mix resembles a paste. Add 1/2 bag of washed spinach & 1/2 bunch of coriander. Blitz for a further 45 seconds.
- Into a Medium sized soup pan gently heat the remaining oil, Add the paste, cook out the paste whilst constantly stirring for 3/4 minutes.
- Dice the Cod into medium sized pieces (always checking for bones) & add to the pan. Add the coconut milk & honey, gently simmer for around 10 minutes or until the Cod is cooked.
- Add remaining spinach, chopped coriander, halved cherry tomatoes & sugar snap peas.
- To the rice add roughly chopped fresh basil, toasted fennel seeds, season & serve.